Sewing kits provide basic tools to make and mend clothing. These tools will be used often and must be of good quality. People in such countries as Bosnia, Haiti, Liberia, Nicaragua, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine receive sewing kits from MCC.
Contents (NEW items only)
- 3 spools white thread (all-purpose; cotton/poly or 100% polyester; minimum 250 yds.)
- 3 spools black thread (all-purpose; cotton/poly or 100% polyester; minimum 250 yds.)
- 1 sewing tape measure (plastic or fiberglass; 150 cm; inch markings optional)
- 1 thimble (metal; medium size)
- 1 dressmaker shears (good quality)
- 1 package needles (minimum 25; assorted sizes)
- 1 package straight pins (minimum 80; round plastic heads preferred)
- Shirt-style buttons (12; black or white; size ½–1 inch; place loose buttons in a resealable plastic bag)
- Sew-on snaps (minimum 20; assorted sizes)
- Safety pins (minimum 10; assorted sizes)
Thank you for limiting your generosity to the items listed.
Sewing kits are distributed in a useful double drawstring cloth bag (11in x 16in / 28cm x 40.6cm). Request bags from Material Resource Center of Harleysville, or donate contents that we will place in a bag. Instructions for making bags are available here.
Drop off completed sewing kits at Material Resource Center of Harleysville.