Sewing kits provide basic tools to make and mend clothing. These tools will be used often and must be of good quality. People in such countries as Bosnia, Haiti, Liberia, Nicaragua, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine receive sewing kits from MCC.
Contents (NEW items only)
- 1 metric tape measure
- 2 spools dual use white thread (cotton/polyester, minimum 300 yards / 273m each)
- 2 spools dual use black thread (cotton/polyester, minimum 300 yards / 273m each)
- 1 thimble (medium size)
- 1 dressmaker's scissors (good quality)
- 1 pkg. needles (approx. 25)
- 1 pkg. straight pins (approx. 100)
- 1 pkg. hooks and eyes (approx. 12)
- 1 pkg. sew on snaps (approx. 20-25)
- 10 assorted safety pins
Sewing kits are distributed in a useful double drawstring cloth bag (11in x 16in / 28cm x 40.6cm). Request bags from Material Resource Center of Harleysville, or donate contents that we will place in a bag. Instructions for making bags are available here.
Drop off completed sewing kits at Material Resource Center of Harleysville.