MCC distributes infant care kits to hospitals, clinics and refugee camps. Infant care kits are sent to assist mothers in giving their children a good start in Bosnia, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, North Korea, Serbia, Russia and Ukraine.
Contents (NEW items only, size 3-9 months)
- 2 gowns/sleepers (flannel or similar warm, soft material)
- 2 undershirts/onesies (short or long sleeves)
- 4 cloth diapers (flat-fold preferred)
- 1 receiving blanket (light weight fleece or flannel; minimum 36 in / 92cm)
- 4 safety pins (2in / 5cm)
- 1 large bar mild soap (leave in wrapper)
- 1 pair of socks
- 1 cap
- Remove packaging material (except soap) and fold into the receiving blanket. Fasten together with the safety pins.
- Contact Material Resource Center of Harleysville for a new design for hand-sewn gowns.
- Note: Items can either be purchased or hand sewn.
Drop off completed infant care kits at Material Resource Center of Harleysville.